If you’re anything like us, you’ve been hearing non-stop about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) over these past few months, and we can understand your concern!
Here at Karen Sheldon Catering, we’re in the business of serving people. We aim to reassure you with full transparency on our maintenance of sanitary and food preparation procedures, so we can maintain the safety of you, our customers.
Over the past 6 years, Karen Sheldon Catering has proudly been HACCP certified; an internationally recognised food safety standard. HACCP is applied to all processes throughout each and every stage of the food supply chain. This includes production, preparation, packaging and distribution. This means that food safety is always at the top of our minds.
Below are the practice procedures that we are committed to:
- Hazard Analysis: We identify potential hazards that could occur at any stage of the food supply chain. Once the hazards have been identified, controls to prevent, eliminate or manage them are applied immediately.
- Critical Control Points: These are applied during the food manufacturing process to control the risk of potential hazards occurring. We also monitor that all potential allergens are labelled on our food and that the garbage bins are cleaned and sanitised weekly.
- Critical Limits: We always maintain the correct temperature levels for all the different foods and ingredients. This safely eliminates, prevents and manages food safety risks in our kitchens and delivery transport vehicles.
- Critical Control Monitoring: by keeping to a schedule of procedures such as, a probe thermometer to check the temperature of our fridges and freezers on a daily basis. Scheduling regular pest inspections to maintain bait traps. And finally having staff record their cleaning procedures in our Food Safety Program.
- Procedures: All our catering staff are trained and certified with up to date protocols on cleanliness. By using the approved sanitary gear and equipment, as well as high grade disinfectants to kill any germs and bacteria in our kitchens.
If you’re looking to book your next catering function, you can have some peace of mind when working with us.
If you have any further questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com
The Karen Sheldon Catering Team